I just accepted the job! I am going to be teaching basic computer skills to elementary school kids in Mexico! It puts me in a huge time crunch though because I finish my summer camp job on August 3rd. Because I'll be going to Chris' wedding, I need to have a car in Atlanta so I'm driving down there on August 5th probably. I have to be in Guadalajara by the 8th for a new teacher orientation and classes start on the 20th. But I got permission to be gone from the 14th-19th for the wedding.
This is so crazy. This is exciting and scary. A true adventure. I have to find a place to live. I don't know anyone there. My Spanish is well beyond rusty...well at least I can understand a lot of what people say. Ahhhh! So much to do and so little time.
Giovanni!What the hell!Have you exchanged New Zealand with Mexico? :-) Just kidding... Sounds great! Seems you will be the new Indiana Jhon... Don't know exactly why but trust me! However... do not betray your designer's soul, teach how to switch on a powerbook but at least even to launch Alias or Illustrator, so you can influence them. For the best. Ciao!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about spanish... The only sentence that you have to know in Mexico is: "¿Dónde está mi tequila?"
ReplyDelete