Monday, June 16, 2008

Armando's Birthday

I woke up Saturday morning ready to play soccer. It had been over 2 weeks since I played because 2 weeks ago I went to the wedding in Zacatecas and then last week my knee was hurting so much that I couldn't really walk... so I decided not to go and make it worse.

I tried my best to stretch out my knee this time and even though it felt a little funny, the pain went away while I was running. Anyway, we played really well as a team this week and the final score was something like 8-2. It would have been a higher score too if we hadn't hit the posts so many times... I think we counted 8 times we did that.

I had an awesome goal from about midfield. Edwardo had dribbled up to the goal box and then passed it back to me. The defense was right on me and I curved it around him to hit both posts and then it went in. And it was one of those power shots too, so it felt really good.

Katy's boyfriend, Armando, was celebrating his birthday on Saturday in a bar downtown called Los de Abajo. I had been inviting Jessica's cousin, Eli, to go out with us for some time and she was finally able to. She actually lives really close by and offered to give us a ride. The funny thing is that she has a SmartCar and so there is room for 2 and luggage in the "back." I took the back and it was such a relief to arrive and feel my limbs again. (Somehow she has fit 6 people in the car at once.)

We had no problem finding a parking spot as the car fits everywhere. La Wuera was fascinated with the car (especially because of the paint job) and so when we got back to the house she had to have a picture of her "driving" it.

And Sunday, I fixed the computer in the house as it has a bunch of viruses and a pirated version of Windows without anti-virus software. The simple fix was to format the machine and install Linux Ubuntu. When I was in college, out of curiosity, I wanted to have Linux on my computer and so I had my resident install it for me. This time I looked the instructions up online and did it myself. I still need to learn a lot about how it is organized and stuff but it looks really cool and the best part is that it is free heh heh.

We also went out to see Don't Mess with the Zohan, starring Adam Sandler. If you like dumb comedy like Zoolander, you will love this movie. At one point I was laughing so hard that my abs were hurting. La Wuera and Ale hated it. Girls.






No comments:

Post a Comment