At the end of the day, a couple of the moms came to my classroom and invited me to the Pre-First picnic they were having Saturday. I had a great time playing with the kids. At one point, I was sitting with some parents like 30 yards away from where the kids were playing and Diego from Pre-Kinder walked all the way over to me and asked me to push him on the swing. He is 3 years old and so I was really touched because it is hard for a 3 year old to keep a constant thought in their mind you know? Usually they are thinking something one minute, get distracted and are thinking something totally different the next.
So he grabbed my hand and we walked to where the swings were. Regina from Pre-First has a brother, Christian, who is 2 years old and came to the picnic too. When he saw me pushing Diego, he wanted me to push him and so I was pushing Diego with my left hand and Christian with my right. Then, a one year old girl was by the swings with her nanny and I could see she was watching me. It looked like she wanted to be pushed too. So I asked her and she happily got on. So I was pushing Diego and then I would run to push Christian and then run to push her. But I didn't have to push her as much since she was so small. She was mostly happy sitting there hahah. To make more fun I started doing noises so they would feel like they were going faster. It was soooo much fun!
Oralia is one of the Pre-First assistant teachers and she brought her 2 daughters, Mina (8 years old) and Ádan (5 years old). This was the 2nd time that I had met them but the first time we met, I didn't get to spend time with them so they didn't remember me. However, she ended up giving me a ride home and I got them to play the imitation game where they just do everything I do. We were dancing and making funny faces and just acting goofy the whole ride home. We laughed so much.
I don't know how I got the name exactly but all the Pre-First kids call me Mr. Papi which is like calling me Mr. Dad haha. And at the picnic Ádan heard all the kids calling me Mr. Papi and so that is what she called me too. So when we arrived at my house, I said goodbye to all of them and Ádan rolls down the window and says, "Adiós Mr. Papi!" To which I respond, "Adiós Ádan!" And then she says, "No, tú eres Mr. Papi. Necesitas decir 'Adiós hija!'" (No, you are Mr. Dad. You have to say 'Goodbye daughter!'"). Hahah.
On Sunday, I slept in and then cleaned the house since no one was there (La Wuera had gone to Vallarta with her friends). Then I took a bus and when I was pretty far away, I got off and started walking back toward my house. What took the bus 20 minutes took me 2 hours. I don't know why I didn't bring my camera for that, but it was fun nonetheless.








No comments:
Post a Comment