Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to Mexico

Holy shitballs, I'm back in Mexico. Thankfully, I only took carry-on for all my travels, or I wouldn't have made it. [Thanks for the advice Aunt Lauren!] Lela drove me to the airport and I had plenty of time to check in and go to my terminal. Then they changed the flight time for an hour later. That was okay though; I would still be there in plenty of time.

Then the Atlanta airport was shut down for a while due to weather. And because of this we didn't have the other stewardess that we needed in order to take off. Because of all the delays, we taxied for a good 30 minutes because the line of planes to leave the airport was so long. The original flight was to leave around 3 and get there around 4:30. I got off my plane in Chicago at 7:30 and my flight from Chicago to Mexico was to leave at 7:55.

We were right next to the International terminal. I even saw my plane... but the terminals weren't connected and you have to take the train. Essentially, I had to make a complete circle to go to my terminal that was right next to me.

I bolted to the train, out of breath, my mouth and throat extremely parched as I asked security for directions. I must have sounded like a boy going through puberty. I got to the train as it was leaving. 2 minutes later I hear, "The train arrives every 6 minutes." Ahhhhg! Why can't I run there?! I don't have time for this. The train comes and I finally get to my airline at 7:45. No line. Thank goodness. I check in and she says that it's too late - they have already loaded all the luggage. Ah ha! But I have only carry-on! She agrees to print my ticket so I can see if I can get on the plane. I flew to security and pleaded them to put me in the fastest line which they did. I got to my gate at 7:53 and got on the plane. Whew!

Uh, Happy New Year to everyone. It is hard to believe that it is 2009. I recently watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I definitely recommend it. It was good to see life through a different lens and there are so many quotes from the movie that keep going through my head...

Anyway, thank you to everyone that hung out with me in Atlanta. I wish I had remembered to take pictures with everyone, but here are a few.






No comments:

Post a Comment