The presentation Friday went well. Afterwards, I was really tired and took a sweet nap. And then I went with Debby and Dave to Moon. Lorenz and Stephanie brought their children and Gaston and Brisa brought their kids as well. Mike, Lorenz and I had a fun time playing pool games with them and later dancing to Victor's music with them.
Most people went home after that but Debby, Lisa, Jonathan, Angie and I continued on to go dancing at the Herring. Salsa salsa!
Saturday, I went with Mike, Gretchen and Adam to Santa Cruz. We missed the turn though and so we went around the whole top part of the island before getting there. It probably added 30 - 45 minutes to the trip but it was good to see. The beach was beautiful as always and with Adam there it was even better snorkeling. He is a dive instructor that just moved here from Honduras and so he was pointing out everything to us and telling us their names. We saw fireworms, squid, an eel, crabs with algae grown over them, puffer fish, flounder, and a bunch of other things that I don't remember.
A bit later, Victor and Jessica came and they went to talk with Captain Goodlife about doing a dive in the Mushroom Forest. We left to go to the Aquarium because Adam had a job interview down there. And while he was at his interview we walked along the docks and into a dive shop and bought some snorkel gear!
Then we walked along the beach and spotted Debby, Gina and Lisa who were going to eat. We wanted to just chill out and so that is what we did. Adam came back from his interview and had done well so he thinks he's going to get the job. That would be awesome because they will pay for him to get certified to drive boats here.
We ended the day by going to Yo Yos - the most amazing off-the-beat-path chicken and beer restaurant. Gretchen and I ordered wine though haha. Dan and Erin took all of us there and we had a good time catching up with Erin because she had just been in Taiwan for the Deaf Olympics. She is the assistant coach for the US woman's team who won gold!
After a long day, I slept well.
your blog is cool
ReplyDeleteyou are much cooler.
thanks for keeping me up to date on the latest.
love
stephen d chin