Saturday, September 16, 2006

Haircut and Design Party

My girlfriend always wants me to get a new haircut and I'm in Sweden so why not? I like it a lot so I'll probably keep it for a while. I had my good friend Houda look at some cuts in a book and pick out one that she thought would look good on me. We then asked the haircutter what she thought and she agreed. After the hair cut, I went with Stefano, Kadj, Daniel, Houda, and Keaw to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic. We got to briefly see one of the greenhouses there and it was really nice.

Then I took a nap and woke up in time to go to the Industrial Design party thrown in honor of the graduating seniors. The food was great and I met a lot of people. I also got to sit at the same table as the car design instructor and she told me her story of how she got into design. It was surprising because she had no intention of going into car design and was just interviewing with Ford to practice interviewing.

Then they cleared the tables and a Swedish band came out and rocked the house. They sang Spanish songs and ecletic mixes such as Russian Reggae. I found it fantastic. Now that I think about it, I should find out who they were and buy their CD. Afterward a DJ came on and played a lot of Michael Jackson songs so naturally I was moon walking and imitating his dances. What a fun day and night!






No comments:

Post a Comment