Thursday, September 14, 2006

Karaoke!

Wow, class is longggggg here. On Tuesday I had the same class from 8-5. That is like a job! hahah and yesterday I had class from 8-3. Everyone was at the beach and I had heard that you could bike there and so I did. It was about a 7 mile ride and it took around 30 minutes. It was a pretty road there with lots of farms but there was also the wonderful smell of manure for part of the ride. I brought my frisbee and taught all the international students how to play ultimate. It was a lot of fun and they were pretty good. Then, a few of the guys and I went into the water and did diving catches. I'll have to take pictures of that next time. But as you can see from the photo, we were pretty far out and the water was still very shallow.

That night we were going to go to a party but instead decided to stay in and sing songs. So Houda got lyrics from the internet and we crowded around her 13" laptop singing songs until 2 AM!

Today, Stefano, Kadj, Daniel, and I decided that we should join a nation and picked the closest one to us. Nations are sort of like fraternities except you can do activities with any nation as long as you are in one. As you can see from the photo, we joined Östgöta. My mentor and a guy from one of my classes are from there so at least I know 2 people. I signed up to be a photographer and do design stuff for them but I don't really know why hahah.

Afterwards, Kadj, Daniel, and I went to the Botanical Gardens. It is starting to become fall and it doesn't look as good as 3 weeks ago when I first saw it, but it is still very peaceful. We saw a woman painting and sat down about 15 feet away from her and were talking and enjoying the scenery. After about 15 minutes, she turned to us and asked us to leave because we were being too loud (even though we were talking at a normal level. So we got up to leave and she asked us the time. Daniel responded that it was 5:30 in a higher volume than we had been speaking, but she couldn't hear it and asked him to repeat it. We later reminisced that this was quite funny seeing as she was complaining about us being too loud.













No comments:

Post a Comment