Tuesday, September 19, 2006

SYSAV

We visited a waste management facility in Malmo and learned a lot about how they get rid of waste. At this facility, trucks bring in tons and tons of waste and then they move it to the incinerator which they use to partly power the city and provide heat for water. They also have a fairly large recycling place close by. It was neato learning how they clean the gases in the flue and to actually see how much waste they deal with. It really makes me want to recycle more and do more.

Afterward we had a lecture and then that night we watched Al Gore's movie: An Inconvient Truth. It was a lot better than I expected and I recommend seeing it.

The pictures are of me and Francesco, and Susanna and Sofia.

The other picture is from a group meeting I had for my Design Methodology class.




No comments:

Post a Comment