Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Chin Family Xmas

The trip back from Künzelsau, Germany to North Carolina, USA was so long. Chris and Thomas drove me to the train station at 6 in the morning. I ended up getting home around 13 hours later because my connecting flight was delayed. Gabi had given me fruit so I wouldn't be hungry the whole day and I had eaten them all except one apple. I totally forgot that I had it until I was going through Customs and I didn't want to just throw it away, so I started eating it. A customs' officer saw me and said that it was a $300 fine and I'd have to get my luggage x-rayed. But I guess since it was the holidays, they were in a good mood and didn't fine me. Thank goodness! When I got back to NC, Kezia took me out to eat, I unpacked a few of my things and went to bed around 1 AM. We then woke up at 4 AM to catch our flight to Massachusetts.

It was great visiting the relatives. I got to talk a long time with my Grandma Chin and she is so wise and caring. I was kind of down because I'm not in Sweden anymore and so it was good that I came back to my family. I got to bond with them again and share stories and make new memories. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of my relatives that live up there, so hopefully I'll see them soon since I don't know what the future holds for me.

My immediate family except my mom and I drove back early in the morning of the 30th. My Mom, Grandma Chin and I sat around, talked and made lasagna until our flight. I had never made lasagna before and it was a lot of fun to learn how firsthand. The day after we got back, I showed my two younger siblings how to make it as well.

For New Years I was too tired and went to sleep at 11 haha. Since my mom's birthday was coming up, we decided to make her a music video birthday song. We worked on it for 2 days and it turned out really good. Now I'm back at GT and the semester officially starts on the 8th. This is my final semester (hopefully) and I'm looking forward to it being done.













2 comments:

  1. i wanna cry when i saw ur pics

    u know that i like "taking a picture!!"
    but i never tell u that u r the one that i like to take photo of the most..u have so many crazy posts!! 555

    i wanna take your picture again
    just wonder when..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey LazyChinboy

    when r u gonna update ur blog?
    it's been a while.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete