Thursday, March 1, 2007

End Table

So I arrived at the woodshop at 2:00. My Ninja Turtle is due tomorrow. My furniture is due next week but the shop there has all the material I need and isn't open late. In order to work on my furniture, I have to cut down the boards, joint and plane them, cut them to the right size again, glue them up, and sand them down. After working on my Ninja Turtle for about an hour, that is what I did all night. Thank God for good friends. David G helped me for the last hour of it and really sped up the process. In the end, I have about 90 2.5" x 2.5' x .75" boards. I need another 30 or so boards to be done with the set up.

Look at all the chips produced from jointing alone! So after I'm done glueing up everything, I have to use AlphaCAM to write a program to allow the CNC machine to cut out the curves I want. Time is dwindling, but I think I can make it!











2 comments:

  1. My naked Stewie can kick your ninja turtles ass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ninja turtle looks really cute
    but u look older, my dear..555

    ReplyDelete