Friday, May 18, 2007

Flamingo

Below is a movie that some friends and I made during my 2nd year in college (4 years ago) for a contest called iMovieFest (now called CampusMovieFest). The competition lent us a video camera, and an iBook and gave us a week to make a 5 minute movie. We didn't win but it was one of the better movies that year. I'm not saying that it is fantastic by any means, but it has some pretty funny moments.



Seeing it reminds me of how much fun it was to spend time with friends trying to come up with ideas when there wasn't a lot of time; not being able to say my one line right because it was 2 AM, Javier ad libbing lines about Nazis and "9 minutes left of battery" are the things that immediately come to mind.

I made a movie each of the following 2 years (I'll try to post them once I find them) and they were a lot of fun as well, but none of them compare to this one. I'm almost embarrassed to post the other ones haha.

Tonight I watched "Almost Famous" with my mom. I've seen it before but I'd forgotten how great a movie it was. The acting is stellar and I really connected with it. The main thing I got from it was that even though situations can be bad (you really love someone and see him/her heading down the wrong path and all you can do is hope he/she makes the right decision), in the end being true to yourself and others can make a world of difference. Go see it if you haven't: you'll probably get a completely different message from it.

I was tired of my desktop wallpaper and so I made one in Illustrator. It's abstract and I like it, but I think it still needs work. Well that is all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I recommended that movie to Soph-a-loaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. your videos humor me. i'm still learning how to use this whole blog thing. how do you upload the youtube videos? is it using html too?

    ReplyDelete