I got to write some letters which were long over due and talk with some current and former Lundinites! I have some really great friends. I wish they didn't live so far away.
My sister plays the violin and so we all went to see her play. We heard grades 6th-8th (each grade had a performance). The 6th graders started off the show and they were pretty bad. I almost laughed but thankfully I didn't. I felt so bad for thinking they were bad especially since I would be worse. But that got me thinking that I wish I had taken the time to learn an instrument. I was too impatient and didn't want to practice. I hate doing repetitive things. Anyway, I tried to encourage my younger brother to find something he was interested in and really learn it because it is practially free for him and there is a person there who is a professional to teach him. Unfortunately, he didn't want to listen to me...oh the youth of today... :-D
It was amazing to see how much better the 7th graders were and how much better the 8th graders were. I guess Sesame Street was right..."Practice, practice do it again. Over and over till you get it." It really does work. And friends I'll give you more advice...really it is advice I am trying to take myself but maybe it will help you as well. Support your true friends even when it feels like you are being taken for granted or they don't have time for you. In most cases it does no good to demand their attention and a lot of times they are going through things you don't know about so just be there for them however you can.
Here are pictures from the concert as well as her concert last week and my brothers kicking my butt on GameCube. Apparently we are a bifocal family except for my youngest brother :-D.




is ur sister in 8th grade then? :)
ReplyDeleteshe looks cute