Weekly forecast: 0% chance of precipitation everyday
100% chance of overcast skies
And I got sunburned.
On Monday I spent the entire day in different parks. It is so interesting that in the midst of such a full, busy city, there are these almost hidden places of peace. One of my favorite parks was Corona Heights. When you enter, there is a lush green field that is followed by a rocky path surrounded by tall brown grass to the rocky top. At the top, I sat in between the rocks and took in the view while I thought and reminisced. There was also a constant cool breeze that reminded me of the first day when the bay greeted me. I guess it was saying farewell this time.
Golden Gate Park is full of treasures. Unfortunately a lot of things are closed on Monday and so I didn’t get to see them all. I was looking forward to seeing the Conservatory of Flowers but it was closed, as was the museum. They were building an aquarium there too. But the Botanical Gardens (which were immense!) were open, as were the Japanese Gardens. I want to make a garden like one of those :-D.
I was tired from walking when I got to GG Park and I came across this almost football size area of seating between the museum and the aquarium. I sat down and fell asleep for a good hour or two. During this time, I was woken a few times. I overheard someone say that it is where they filmed The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez. Then I heard some girls laughing and realized they were the same ones that seemed to be following me. And then I woke up in pain. The overcast sky was bright and cloudless. My legs were completely sunburned. As you can see from the picture below, red is not my natural color.
I've also included a picture of the map that I carried around with my walking paths highlighted in blue and my biking paths in yellow. The architecture of the city is so different and great. I took a few more pictures of different houses, but I really liked these. The first one is from Haight street I believe. The other one has the houses from the intro of Full House and you can see a lot of downtown behind it.
So, all in all, I loved SF and if I were given the chance, I'd go back in a heartbeat. You should go too.







I read all your California updates. Very niiiiice.
ReplyDelete