That night we went to Berkley and had some really nice Indian food. I wanted Arlene’s cooking so badly. Afterward, they dropped me off at the university for my camp job training. Training was pretty much the same as last year, but I do appreciate that they are really motivated and try to make it fun. I was trying to keep a good attitude about the whole thing and talk with people but it was hard because in the back of my mind I kept thinking that I would only see these people for 2 days and probably never again. There didn’t seem to be a chance that we’d keep in touch. But I was pleasantly surprised when I met TK.
After training on Saturday a huge group met up to go to the bars. That’s not really my thing, but I thought it would be fun to talk with people nevertheless. I saw TK in the group and we started talking and he told me he was going to be looking for some live music. Since I missed the Jazz Festival in Atlanta I have been really wanting to see a good live band…well probably since I saw Anchorman a few years back and Will Ferrell played Jazz flute hahah. So as we searched for music, I asked him his views on a lot of subjects and himself and the conversation was very interesting. Describing TK physically is quite easy: you can spot him wherever you go. He stands out a bit with his pink furry hat with ears and the clothes he chooses to wear. When we walked down Telegraph (one of the main streets in Berkley) he got a few shoutouts and bemused smiles. He dresses the way he wants to and isn’t concerned as much with what people think. I found that quite admirable. Although, I’ve never met him, TK reminds me of Andre 3000. I have a lot of books I want to read and music I want to look into now.
So I didn't really get to see Berkley's campus or downtown, but it was fun all the same.
When training ended, Ceara picked me up and we went to Simo’s (Dan’s friend’s) apartment. He had just moved in and we assembled his grill and played Wii for a while and then crashed at Dan’s place.






No comments:
Post a Comment