Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jeanettes' Birthday Party

Jessica's 1st grade class loves me and voted for me to be Santa in the song/dance they are preforming for the school. And, yesterday Jeanette was having her birthday party with a Rich or Poor theme. "Well, Santa is the richest man in the world," I thought to myself.

My second option was Hugh Hefner and I ended up going with him because I couldn't find a Santa outfit in Wal-Mart. However, I think this worked better because Eli found a romantic novel in the checkout line that was a key accessory for my outfit - Bianca: En la cama de un Millionario (Bianca: In the bed of a Millionaire). And so I showed up with a red robe, red-tinted sunglasses and pajama pants with a bottle of Baileys in one pocket and my romantic novel in the other. If only I had a pipe.

It turns out another guy had the same idea as me and came as Hugh Hefner was well. However, he was in his late 40s and so it kind of worked out - I was the young Hugh and he was the current Hugh.

There were a bunch of teachers from the school there and so I got to hang out with them and got to know them better. Eli, Geo, Gaby and her husband and I went to the second floor where there was music hoping to dance. Well, it ended up being either me and Eli dancing or me and Geo dancing. Luckily, in the room next to us little kids were watching TV and had stopped watching to watch us. Geo and I tried to lure them out to dance with us but they wouldn't and so I just dragged them out one by one. They loved it. Of course they didn't dance, but they had a great time. And they followed me throughout the party trying to get me to chase them. It was great fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment