Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

This Friday was the due date for all of my documents to be turned in for the Master's program. That included my original birth certificate and diploma which were still in transit via FedEx. And FedEx was supposed to deliver that package the week before but I had my parents send my coat along with it and apparently that isn't allowed so it was sent back. Consequently, it was due to be delivered to me on Thursday.

In addition to the lack of documents, the admissions office needs these documents translated by an official translator. I was also lacking my 2 recommendation letters, my TOEFL results, my letter of why I wanted to study, my protocol and on top of that I had homework due for the pre-course.

Thanksgiving is not a Mexican holiday. And with all of the things I had going on, I didn't really stop to think about it. I heard rumors that the head principal (who is American) invites people to her house for dinner but I guess that either didn't happen this year or I wasn't invited.

However, Jessica, one of the 1st grade teachers invited me to go to Chili's with her and her friends and I brought Ale and Eli, who brought Irma and Miguel and we had a great time. I had the closest thing to turkey without sacrificing my appetite - Mile High Chicken (there was a turkey sandwich on the menu). Anyway, I was very thankful (sappy I know) that I have good friends and good food :-D. It did make me miss Thanksgiving at home though and so I'm really glad that I have already bought my tickets to visit my family in Dec.

When I got home from the dinner, there was a note from FedEx saying they couldn't deliver my package because no one was there to receive it. "Oh crap", I thought to myself. "Oh well, can't really do anything about it now" and so I did my homework and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment