Eli had invited everyone in our house to go to her parents' house in Leon and at first it sounded like everyone was going, but then Juan Karlo had to move and Ale and Mariana decided they didn't want to go and so it ended up being Eli, Rayme and me. Eli never has any CDs in her car and so I decided to burn 2 for the trip... unfortunately both CD ended up having the same songs... my bad haha.
The drive there was good. The view was very pretty in some places and it took us about 3 hours to get there. When we arrived, Eli's brother Freddy and his wife-to-be, Alejandra, were there but the rest of the family was at a birthday party of a relative. There was food there and we were invited and it was really good. The party was for a 1-year and 3-year old and so I fit right in. I mostly just took pictures (in 3 days I took over 400 pictures - Keaw if you still read my blog, you have some catching up to do), but I also played on the playground bwhahaha.
After that we went to pick up Eli's friend, Rosio, and went out dancing. Eli and Rosio didn't really like the music that much and so they didn't want to dance. But I was in the mood and Rayme was definitely in the mood and we went up to many different girls to dance with them. Rayme was cracking me up because every time I was going to go sit down he spotted another couple of girls he wanted us to dance with and so we would go back to the dance floor.
The next day we had brunch at her aunt's house. It is so different here in comparison to the United States in regards to family. Every meal involves so much of the family it is incredible. Every meal we had, there were at least 10 family members present, usually more. For me, it is like Thanksgiving or Christmas when all the extended family gets together, but here they do that all the time.
In the afternoon, we went to Guanajuato (the capital of the state with the same name) with Eli other brother, Fernando, and her cousin, Ilda. The city is so beautiful and you feel like you are in Europe. It is a bit touristy in the center but there is so much to see. Unfortuately, we only were able to stay for 3 hours but it was great. We saw the huge statue of Pipila (an important Mexican figure). We ran up the stairs of the Universidad de Guanajuato (I raced Rayme the first time and then some little girls challenged me too so I ran up a second time). We took pictures with Don Quijote and we walked around the center.
That night we returned and went to another relative's house for dinner and then played some pool. And the next day we went to the park and rode bikes and went to the Infants park: it is a scale model of the major buildings and attractions of Leon. We were giants.
Eli needed to stay until Tuesday because she had an interview with a bank there and so Rayme and I took a bus back to Guadalajara. So, it was a long and tiring weekend but very fun packed and I loved it.
When we got back, we met Rayme's new roommate, Oswaldo (from Puebla, Mexico) and we also found out that Ale's sister, Mariana, is going to be living in the house too. Right now she is staying in her sister's room, but when Eli moves out, she will move in to that room. So right now it is a Full House, and we are taking it Step by Step, because Family Matters... hope you get the play on tv title joke... maybe I'm getting old. Anyway, it is Eli, Mariana (the Brazillian), Oswaldo, Rayme, Ale, Mariana (Ale's sis) and me living in the house.
It is much different than before; a little bit more noisy and Oswaldo and Mariana (Brazillian) both smoke and so sometimes I don't like the smell of the house. But it is good to have so many young people. We can all go out together and eat or party or we can just stay in and chill.















































No comments:
Post a Comment