Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Month of Birthdays

This week was insane in the membrane... insane in the brain. But I loved it. When I looked at my schedule for the week I was happy because I had some planning time. As it turned out, every one of those periods a teacher came and needed my help with something. I love helping people out. That would be a cool job to just kind of walk around and whenever you saw that someone needed help, to help them.

After school on Mondays and Wednesday I have been going to soccer practice with the women's teachers team and sometimes with the students. It has been lots of fun. However, they have a lot of student teams and not a lot of coaches and since the teachers aren't as committed to coming to practice, the coaches decided that they can't coach the team anymore. Starting Monday, I'm going to be their coach! I hope that I do well and they like what I will teach.

Jessica had to get a wisdom tooth pulled and so I offered to go with her. It was my first time seeing someone getting their tooth pulled out and so it was interesting. To say the least, it didn't look like fun. But, everything went smoothly and she is doing fine.

I saw the movie, Bucket List, and it was great. I really want a voice like Morgan Freeman. Fantastic.

I started my Masters program on Tuesday. Right now I only have one class and it is about Audio and Video Conferencing. I really wish they would give me a schedule for when I have class though because it is screwing up my planning. Luckily, I only had one class this week. The teacher is really energetic and encouraging. I felt right at home in her class and participated. I write that because I didn't think I would talk to much since it takes me longer to say things in Spanish.

On Friday, one of my students, Marco, invited me to his birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza. The pizza there is amazing. Dad, if you are reading this, think of CJ's. After hanging out with him and other students and the moms, I went to another student's birthday party, Citlali. It was so much fun! Her mom and dad had hired clowns and she had maybe 5 or 6 friends there and we played really fun games. She had 4 piñatas too... I wanted to break all of them but I didn't want to spoil their fun, so I waited and only broke one. It was so funny watching the faces of the girls hitting the piñata: they are so sweet and nice in class but put a piñata in their view and they are she hulks.

At one point, confetti was brought out and somehow it all got dumped on me. I spent the next 30 minutes dumping the confetti back on the girls. I was laughing so hard at one point because I had just gotten one really good and all of the sudden she threw confetti back at me. Confetti isn't the most delicious thing to eat... or choak on haha.

Saturday, Jessica invited me to a get together with her family and we had a great time. Her family dances crazy and so I fit right in. That night I went with Eli and India to Irma's birthday party at Teulloc. Irma had a lot of people there but it was pretty chill and we had a fun time talking and blowing bubbles.

This month is a month of birthdays because it has been / will be the principal of primary's birthday, the head of the school's birthday, 2 of my student's birthdays, my housemate's birthday, and my brother's and my birthday. This year for my birthday I'm going on a field trip with the 3rd grade to see the Monarch Butterflies and the hot springs of Morelia! I can't wait. Now I just need to learn all their names... haha. And that weekend, my housemates and I are going to Puerto Vallarta (where Ale is from) to celebrate Ale and my birthdays (same day, crazy huh?). Until next time Space Cowboy!

3 comments:

  1. John, this is Dad. The pizza sounded great. It is good to see you are enjoying life. We love you and pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you have an amazing social life. I hope you have time for studying too! This is your dad's sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up on your blog J Baby. You are working it down in Me-hico. And your camera is freaking amazing. Oh, and I have found use of the internet once again in the opposite stairwell. Huzzah!

    Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete