Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I used to not like this day at all. I don't really like holidays all that much in general (except that we get time off work and school) because it feels forced. Like if I want to give someone a gift, I'll give it to him/her but culture and society teaches us that it is expected to give a gift on certain days. So it kind of takes away from the pure purpose. At the same time, if there aren't holidays maybe people wouldn't give gifts or express themselves to their friend and family.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this day at school because the kids are so innocent and giving. Two girls from second grade make me a card that simply said "Mr. John you are so funny!" hahah. Jessica invited me to celebrate Valentine's Day with her class. Each person had to make a card for someone else in the class... like a secret santa... well Jessica is pretty creative - "secret friend" is the name she gave it. My secret friend was Claudio and so I made a Sponge Bob Square Pants card and he loved it.

I didn't do anything that night... well in regards to going out. Instead I was writing an essay... how lame haha. Well a few of the articles that I read were pretty interesting but I worked for 6 hours and still haven't finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment