Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bali Bar Anniversary

This week I didn't have primary students Monday through Wednesday which was nice because it gave me a chance to plan for the rest of the year and get rid of stuff. It also gave me time to spend helping other teachers which I like to do.

Then on Thursday, la Wuera told me that it was the anniversary of Bali Bar and her friend had passes for us. I had never been and it sounded like fun. It turned out that it is a bar that is literally 3 blocks from where Esme lives and so I called her up to visit before we went to the bar.

I didn't really get too many details but for some reason she went crazy one day and cut off all of her hair. So she looked a lot different than before hahah. Anyway, they were all doing great and Ale's babies are so big now. It is incredible.

We met la Wuera's friend, Ale, at the bar and she had brought her friends Karina and MariFer, as well as her sister, Clo. They seemed to be pretty nice and we all had a good time so I was glad I went.

Friday after school I crashed and was woken up by what I thought was my alarm clock at 6:30. It turned out to be Katy, a teacher friend I hang out with sometimes, calling me to tell me that she was bored and she was coming to pick me up in 10 minutes to hang out. I remember thinking about how good it would be to go back to sleep and then drowsily agreeing to go with her and also somehow remembering to ask if la Wuera could go as well.

"Wuera!" I shouted down the hall, "You have 10 minutes to get ready. We are going to my friend's house and then to a party."

"Ayyy cabron! 10 minutos! Qué mierda!"

If you don't speak Spanish, let's just say she has a dirty mouth.

So we ended up making Quesadillas with tomato sauce, tomatoes and ham accompanied with Vodka drinks. It was a super good dinner. Katy's friend, Chelie, came by and we played some cards until Katy's boyfriend, Armando, came back and then went to Nicole and Mary's place for their get together. All in all it was a fun night.





1 comment: