Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Exercising

I met a lot of cool people in my Master's class that work at the American School. There are a lot of teachers at the American School and my friend Matt worked with his friend John to organize an intramural league for the teachers. He invited me to play and so on Wednesday, I played kickball. It was so much fun! The team we played seemed pretty serious at times as they pitched the ball pretty fast but all in all it was a good time. And Jessica and her mom surprised me by showing up to watch. After the game they had juice boxes and rice crispy treats! Ah! It was glorious!

Matt also invited me to play soccer with him on Thursdays and so I did that as well. Unfortunately, it started raining pretty bad and security shut off the lights so we couldn't play. Matt and Chris also both came to play on Saturday with me and we won 10-0. I was playing defense at first with Chris and Matt up top and the communication was just great. They both knew if I made a run to cover me and I scored a sweet goal doing that. Not too long into the game Chris decided to play defense and so I went back up top and scored 3 more goals. It was a fun game to say the least. =D

Afterward, Juan (the goalkeeper and captain) told me - good job with the 4 goals, but I like how you play defense. I looked at him in disbelief and responded, "4 goals!" Hahah, nah, but I don't mind.

La Wuera recently moved and invited Ale and I and a few of her close friends to eat at her new place. She told me to be there at 2:00 and as usual everyone else was late, so we didn't end up eating until 4:30 haha. Anyway, it was a fun time and the food was excellent. Her place is awesome - everything looks new and clean.

So I got back to my house at around 6:30 and Chris had invited me to his soccer game at 7:00. Jessica's friend, Peter, recently moved here from the US and wanted to come along. Since Chris' team wanted to have subs, Peter played a good amount as well. Chris' team was pretty good and consisted of about 3 Americans, 2 Brits, and 3 Mexicans. I felt very international. They put me up top and I scored a goal. The game ended in a tie but we could have definitely won if we had run more. Oh well, I had a great time.

Afterward, we met up at the movies to see the movie Step Brothers with Will Ferrell. From the previews, I wasn't too convinced it was going to be funny, but it turned out to be great. There were definite periods where it wasn't that funny, but there were others where I was cracking up.

The next day, Jessica and I saw the movie Mirrors with Kiefer Sutherland. It is a scary movie but it was pretty good. I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning of the ending and the "why" of some parts but it was an interesting movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment