Wahhhhhhhooo! I voted. But what a long and arduous feat. From the debates, I knew who I wanted to vote for president but all the other positions I hadn't a clue. So I spent a good amount of time looking up the other candidates to see what they were about. I wish I could be more confident that I was choosing the right candidates but it is hard when I don't live in the country...
I actually almost didn't vote though. I went to Mail Boxes Etc. to send in my ballot. They told me that it would cost about $6 to send it to the States but that it would get to it's final destination around Nov 6th! That's 2 days after the election...great. And how much does it cost to send it faster? $45!? No no, thank you, I'll just not vote. My only other option was that I vaguely remembered hearing that the American Consulate would send in my ballot for me. Even though Jessica was busy, I think she saw that I was upset and offered to drive me there. And the rumors were true and it was really fast. The best thing was that it was free. It literally took me 2 minutes to give them my ballot and leave.
This weekend was busy... I'm looking forward to a weekend when I'll have nothing planned haha. I suppose I did get a fair amount of things done though. I played in 2 soccer games and we did great. I got caught up on my budget, cleaned my room and did my laundry. Saturday, Jessica and I went out to a bar with Peter and Diana and then went to Karaoke. I was really tired by that time and only sang one song. I hope that we go again soon.
On Sunday, we went to a cookout that Patricio was doing and afterwards watch the Chivas vs. Americas game. But I was still very tired and was drifting in and out of sleep.
These next 2 weeks are going to be extra busy as I have Microsoft Office 2007 training right after work until 8 pm every weekday...That means that I will be in my classroom for a little more 12 hours each day for the next 2 weeks. Wahoo... On the good side of things, I will be certified to administer tests to certify students and I can start teaching the kids right now I suppose.
yea!!! Exercising your right to vote! Im proud of you for taking the time and looking up people to represent what you really want for the country. You are one true patriot and loyal citizen.
ReplyDeletehave a great week!