We arrived at the first location around 6:00 am - Sótano de las Golondrinas. This was like a canyon, but more cave-like. Thousands of bird live there and each morning circle up the cave to search for food. We arrived just on time as the first birds started to leave. Almost all of the birds were of the same species and were black but every now and then I saw green birds which I think were parrots. When almost all of the birds had left, a group of 20 or so parrots flew away too. It was beautiful.
During the next couple of days, we went to a bunch of waterfalls which we jumped off of. Some of the jumps were really high and when I was in the air, I thought to myself on multiple occasions that I should have hit the water by now. Those jumps were a real rush.
We also visited a castle made by an Englishman over 40 years (Castillo de Edward James). It was in Surrealist style and was fricken awesome.
The last place we visited was a lake called La Media Luna. The water was crystal clear blue and we snorkeled. It was so cool! In this lake they have many species of fish that only exist there. It also is the home to the only soft shelled turtle and we saw it. I wish I could have taken underwater pictures!
We got back to Guadalajara at 1:00 am on Tuesday and walked to Jessica's car carrying our life jackets by wearing them and all of our luggage. We must have looked pretty funny doing so...especially since I was wearing my cowboy hat on top of my winter hat [it was cold ok?].
Here are a list of all the places we visited in case you are interested in going to some cool places in Mexico:
Sótano de las Golondrinas
Tambaque
Cascada de Xilitla
Castillo de Edward James
Cascadas de Minas Viejas y El Salto
La Cascada El Meco
Cascadas en Micos
Puente de Dios
La Media Luna
































gorgeous pictures!
ReplyDeleteCrazy Englishman! That looks like a great trip. I am trying to catch on reading your blog, so watch out for more comments :)
ReplyDelete