Monday, November 24, 2008

Bday Parties, Concert, El Diente, Twilight

What a busy, busy weekend. Lots of fun, but no time to rest. On Friday, it was Jeanette's birthday and so right after school, Jessica and I went to Focaccia to have dinner with her and about 20 other teachers. Afterwards, we went to a social party with the group we went on the trip with the week before. It was a lot of fun. We talked about the trip, ate and shared our photos...well, I forgot mine heh heh but showed them my blog. Then we met up with Jeanette again at a bar called Unplugged, where they had some really good music. And after staying there for about an hour or two, we went out Salsa dancing. There was this really old guy that danced really well and we found out that he is an instructor so that is probably why. Anyway, I didn't get to go to sleep until about 3:00 am.

I of course had a soccer game at 9:00 am. Unfortunately the team we played were just awful and it wasn't a good game at all. I came back and did my laundry, took a nap and then we were off to a jazz concert. About a year ago, I went to Haus der Kunst and saw Radaid - a local band that is amazing. Radaid wasn't playing Saturday but I bring that memory up because Haus der Kunst switched locations and Radaid plays every Wednesday. The bar is about 10 blocks from my house so we just walked there and I'll probably be walking there Wednesday nights heh heh.

Because we had so many bus troubles on last week's trip, Salud Total offered to take us to El Diente (The Tooth). It is a local mountain range and we were going to repel down some of the rock faces. It was a beautiful place and we got there really early - around 9 am. I was really happy that the family that went on the trip came as well. They are just the nicest people ever. The two boys, Andy and Memo are in 6th grade and we had fun scaling the different rocks while waiting for our turn to repel.

We ended up leaving around noon and went to get something to eat and then headed off for the air show. Unfortunately, the traffic was ridiculous and it took us about 3 hours to get there. And, by the time we got there the show was over. Luckily it only took us about an hour to get back. We made ourselves some amazing sandwiches and headed to the movies to see "Twilight." It was a pretty good movie and I recommend watching it.

So that was my weekend heh heh. Hopefully I can catch up on my sleep during the week.



























No comments:

Post a Comment