Sunday, February 15, 2009

Katy's Bday, Via Recreativa, Cooking with Renato and Mary

Friday was Katy's birthday and so a bunch of us went to Jaime's place to have some dinner and then headed to Rock Town Bar. It was pretty fun and we filled up the bar.

Our soccer game on Saturday went well. It is starting to get hot here though and we are still in winter. Anyway, we are in a tournament and we won that game. So, I think next week or the following will be the finals.

After the game, I came back and did some laundry and went out to eat for brunch. I found the best restaurant and it's really close to my house. I can't wait to go back.

That night, I went to Brit Pub with some friends to see Los Misters play. They are a band composed of teachers from the American School. Unfortunately, there weren't a lot of people at the pub and so we decided to go to another bar called Black Sheep. It was equally depopulated and so we headed to Rusty's. In the end, we ended up at Isla Bikini and then headed home.

Sunday morning, Renato and I went to the Via Recreativa (where they shut down a major street so people can bike, skate, run, etc.). One of the main reasons I wanted to go was so that I could find a place to fix my bike since my tire was flat again. Since I don't have tools here, I didn't want to wait until I went to school to ask a teacher for the tools and then wait a couple of days for him to remember to bring them.

Fortunately, they have stations set up all along the avenue in case peoples' bikes break down or people get hurt and they fixed my flat really quickly for free. And so then the plan was to walk to the place where they rent out bikes to people so we could both ride. It was pretty far away though and took us about an hour to get there and by that time the line to get a bike was pretty long. So we decided to just turn around and go to my house and cook some Peruvian food.

I love it when Renato cooks. We always make a lot of food and I have delicious leftovers for the next day... or in my case tonight heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment