Amy was having her birthday party and Mary and I went over to Chris and Jane's place beforehand to hang out. They had a friend from Australia visiting [Megan] and Carlos came over as well. The theme for Amy's party was "Beach Party" and so Jane lent Chris and I bikini tops and Jane was wearing a plastic shell bikini top that a friend had given her for Christmas. That reminded Chris of the gift the same friend gave to him - a package of mustaches. We all thought it would be a great idea to put them on and so that is how we went to the party. It was definitely a good idea and a great conversation starter.
We decided to leave the party around midnight and were walking to catch a cab when Mary jokingly flagged down someone that was driving past us. The guy ended up giving us a ride which was really funny because there were 5 of us. They were all going to another party but I was tired and had a soccer game in the morning so I decided to go home. When I was about to get out the cops pulled us over. We probably looked pretty suspicious with our mustaches on. In fact the driver told the cops that the girls were actually girls wearing mustaches and he had picked us all up where a bunch of transvestites hang out. That made them laugh and they let us go on our way.
My soccer game in the morning was kind of boring because the other team was pretty bad and they were also down a player... so we beat them 15-0. I had 2 goals and 1 assist and didn't play most of the second half. The bad thing was that the field is small and a lot of teams try to score a goal on kickoffs. Since I am a forward I stood at the top of the circle and took a hit to the back of my leg 3 times in the SAME PLACE! I have a huge bruise.
That night I went with Matt and Kerry and a bunch of other people from the American school, plus Chris, Jane, Mary, Chema, and Megan to the Chivas game. The game was pretty bad up until the end but we had fun talking and I had a great time ordering Bolis. I had 4 of them. They are pretty much just big Popsicles with more flavor.
Sunday, I went with Mary, Chema, and Karolina to la Barranca which is a ravine on the outskirts of Guadalajara. It was a lot of fun to hike up and down it. There are train tracks that go all the way from the top to the bottom and they are super steep. So we climbed down the trail which took us about an hour and a half and then Karolina and I climbed up the train tracks which took about two and a half hours but it was totally worth it.
I wasted a lot of time this weekend getting caught up on the TV series Heroes. Don't watch it or you'll get sucked in. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment