Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break - Friday to Tuesday

Plane from GDL to Villahermosa. Delayed in GDL for an hour. Delayed in Mexico City for 2 hours. Stayed the night at "dodgy" hotel with head prints on pillows. Really warm in Villahermosa and not that pretty.

Next day we got on the first bus in the morning. Took us about 8 hours to get to San Cristobal de las Casas. Highlight - movie on bus - High School Musical 2 dubbed. Found Chris' friends, Jono and Belinda. I've been learning a lot of Australian phrases and I love it.

Rocket = Rodney
Chevy Chase = Face
Take a slash = take a piss

Checked out the center, went to some bars. Woke up early next morning and took a bus out to Agua Azul which had really blue water and lots of waterfalls. I somehow got separated from the group for about 30 minutes but then they found me. From there we went to Misol-ha to see another waterfall and randomly ran into Mary. She was on a trip with the tours that do trips with our school and I knew the main tour guide. Mary arranged it so we could ride in the bus to get to Palenque. Wahoo! We were tired of paying 2 tolls to get into every place.

Today we checked out Palenque which are huge Mayan ruins. They were incredible: hidden in the jungle. We also booked a trip to Guatemala for 2 days starting at 6 AM tomorrow. Hopefully we are going to Belize on our way back but I don't know yet. Karolina is supposed to meet up with us in 2 days for the rest of our trip.

Good parts: great travel buddies; I now have a bow and arrow. Bad parts: taxi drivers not telling us all the charges like tolls. Overall it's been a great trip and looks to continue that way =D.





No comments:

Post a Comment