Karolina and I took a bus to Playa de Carmen to try to take a bus from there to Cobá to see the ruins there. By the time we got to Playa, it was too late to take a bus there and so Karolina decided to continue to Tulum after walking around with me to help me find a hostel. While we were walking, we came across the Germans that were on the trip to Guatemala with us. There were looking for a hostel as well and so I just joined up with them. On the Guatemala trip, I didn't really talk with them, but quickly found out they were a great group of people. There was Martin, Felix, Matthias and Marthe.
So we found a hostel called Urban Hostel and they booked a six person room for 2 nights. Since I didn't know if I'd be staying in Cozumel with Chris and Jane the next day, I just paid for one night. So we went out to eat - the waitress was very attractive... in case you wanted to know. And then Martin, Felix and I went to use the Internet at a nearby hotel. While we were using it, Martin saw the price of a room and then went to look at it. Since it was the end of their travels, they wanted a better room than what we had and decided to take the hotel room. However, the hostel wouldn't give them their money back for the 2nd day and so I had the option of staying there for 2 nights if I wanted haha.
That night we went bar hopping and tried to go to some clubs. Unfortunately, they were charging $35-$50 just to enter. I make pesos damnit! Hahah. The next day, I hung out with them on the beach until around 5:00 pm and caught the ferry to Cozumel. Found the hostel that Chris and Jane were staying in but they had gone to the beach and so I went to a cafe to get something to eat. Had some awesome Crepes and then went back to the hostel. The next day we went to the beach and then caught our plane back to Guadalajara.
On the way to the airport, we were told by people that a taxi should cost us about 40 pesos. The first taxi we came across tried to charge us like 120 pesos and was somewhat of an arrogant ass to us. We just walked a couple of blocks and the the next taxi charged us 30 pesos.
Oh, and we also came across a guy with the weirdest voice I have ever heard. It was his regular voice but it sounded like he was talking through a phone to us.
This spring break was great. It went by really quickly unfortunately but I am glad to be back in Guadalajara to catch up on things before going back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment