Trip to Tulum very long - about 18 hours. We stayed in Tulum. Great fun. Stayed on a hotel right on the beach. Cat randomly came and sat on my lap at the restaurant. Slept in the next day. Went for a swim and some Margaritas. Went into town to check the bus schedules, buy fruit and check snorkel trips. By the time we got to the supermarket to buy fruit, the law permitted buying alcohol which sucked.
Went back to the beach and there was some sort of festival going on. We watched funny dance competitions and pole climbing. Tried to go to the ruins and they were closed until 7:30 at night. Returned to the ruins around 8:30 and they told us that the teacher discount was not applicable at night. Jane was pissed and started arguing with the guy. We vowed to come back the following day and get in for free.
Monday, we woke up around 8:00 to meet up with the snorkel group. We went to Dos Ojos which has a bunch of Cenotes (deposit of water usually in a cavern). An IMAX film was recorded where we dived and is apparently contains the biggest Cenotes in the world. It was really cool to do. There were a bunch of scuba divers as well but we really saw a lot of it just by snorkeling.
When we came back, they dropped us off by the ruins but I had forgotten my teacher ID... My choice was to either go to the dive office and get it and then pay the taxi or just go to the ruins and pay the entrance fee. I decided I'd go to the ruins and see if they'd let me in since they had denied us 2 times the day before. I didn't even have to say anything. I just walked behind Chris and Jane who both showed their IDs and the guy assumed I had mine.
Afterward, we ate lunch and took a bus to Cancun. Now we are on Isla Mujeres and it's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment