Sunday, July 18, 2010

Drake Bay Adios

That night I slept well. There wasn't any electricity in my room but they did have candles and I loved it. I have to admit that after hearing Ruben and Meilie say that they found a scorpion in their room, and another guest commenting on the size of the spider he had found in his room, I did perform a check around my room before going to sleep. It was fine though. I could hear the sound of the waves lightly caressing the beach and it started to rain slightly, perfect conditions for sleeping.

The next day I did a tour of Sirena, in Corcovado National Park. They lent me river boots and I'm glad they did because it was muddy. It was so much fun walking through the mud though and hearing the sounds it makes. One of the girls that went didn't want to use the boots and almost lost her shoe when it engulfed her ankle.

The following day, I went diving. Pretty fricken sweet. We did 2 dives and I saw about 9 sharks, lots of Starfish, Box fish of different colors, hundreds of Jack fish swimming above me, rays, etc. Above water we also saw turtles mating and dolphins jumping.

During the rest of my stay, I met a lot of great people: Dan and Adam from DC, two brothers who went to their friend's wedding in Costa Rica and stayed the rest of the week to travel; Patrick and his family from Seattle, who had been to Costa Rica 16 years before and brought his son and daughter there for their first time; Carlos and his family from Belgium, who mainly spoke French and so communicating with them was fun especially when trying to explain rules to different card games; Derian, who was the 15 year old cousin of the owner and each night we played Checkers and Chess.

Although I did get to do 2 amazing tours, a lot of time was spent at the lodge passing time with these people and I'm glad I got to spend it with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment