Friday, February 23, 2007

Studio Update

My turtle exploded in the kiln! My project has been destroyed!!!

However...they kept the pieces and I was able to superglue them back together and then fill in the gaps with Bondo. He still needs some sanding and then primer. I have built a box to cast him in so I need to make a follow board and then we will go into "production!"

In my studio class, I finally completed a full scale model of the end table I'm going to make. It is made in pink foam and after I finished it, I realized that I should have just done it on the CNC since that is what I'll be doing with the wood anyway...well at least I know how I want it to look. The project is for a design competition in addition to being graded. The competition is to promote selling oak and so we are supposed to show the beauty of it as well as do something innovative.

I think my design is more innovative, though it still needs work. I'm satisfied with it, but I think it could be better. I feel like I'm behind though, so I might end up just going with this. The basic concept behind it is that people always end up sitting down on the floor and leaning against an end table or coffee table, so why not make it more comfortable?

So I don't have pictures of the pink foam model but here are pictures of the clay model I did and also my newly bondoed turtle.

Tomorrow, I'm going to an International Leadership Conference at Rock Eagle. It sounds like it will be fun and I hope I get to network with people so I can find an international job.



No comments:

Post a Comment