Saturday, May 19, 2007

More Old Movies

Here are the two other movies I made with friends and family. The first one is called "Guys Galore, Baby" and has a lot of inside jokes. It is quite hilarious to Mohs, my brothers and I and that's probably it. :-D



This one is called "Rock, Paper, Scissors - The Clipper, The Bulldawg, and Chin." This was motivated a lot by Ben Stiller movies like Dodgeball, but of course it is no where near the quality. I really wanted to do a movie with Anthony (the Clipper) in it because he had a very eccentric personality. He even had a reputation around campus and the campus is pretty big. When he walks, his whole being is in motion. He walks with power strides and with purpose but also with a gayety as ofttimes I have seen him skipping. Around campus he was known as "Red Jesus" because of his long red hair and later as "The Crimson Clipper." I think the later name came about because of an incident that happened at Brittain (our dining hall).

My brother was eating at the dining hall with a bunch of his friends and they saw Red Jesus (RJ) power walking to put up his tray. As he was about to go through a doorway, a kid with a tray was in the way and with a flick of the wrist RJ knocked the kid and his tray out of the way without breaking stride. "He's been clipped!" And of course the "Crimson" comes from the fact that he has red hair. Maybe I should have done a movie about that...too late now.



Today, my parents and I went on a bike trip to Pine Lake. It ended up being 15 miles round trip and it was a lot of fun. My Dad has odometers on all the bikes and so I saw that my max speed was 31.6 mph. Most of the time we were going around 10-15 mph and it was good to view the scenery. The ride around Pine Lake was the best though because it was 2 miles of me going really fast, weaving in and out to avoid people, dogs and babies, putting on the breaks, cutting curves and there was a nice breeze from the lake the whole time. All of the pictures I took were taken while I was riding, so that's why they are a little goofy. That's not true. They are goofy because I want them to be.

My little brother made cheeseburgers for dinner and they were great. He thought they were great as well and stuff half of one in his mouth at one time to demonstrate. The bite he had taken was so big that he couldn't chew for a while plus the fact that my Dad was making him laugh by commenting on how disgusting that was. My sister pointed out that if Dad would stop commenting then my brother would stop laughing to which he responded, "You're right; that's why you are the 'Wisdom-Chin'." And so there was silence for a good 10 seconds while my brother chewed his food and started to take a drink of water to help it go down. At this point my Dad turned to the dog and said in baby talk, "Bell-sha, Daniel's a pig." Perfect delivery! Daniel laughed so hard that water shot out of his nose. My mom was in tears she was laughing so hard and I wasn't far behind. My sister laughed and then gave her nod of disapproval for Dad's actions. I love moments like that!



1 comment: