Monday, October 1, 2007

A Long Day

I woke up tired. "Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays."

When I got to school I had to configure all 26 computers so that students could log in and I had to set up the software that would allow me to control their computers as well. I arrive at school around 7:30 every day and my first class on Monday started at 9:40. I finished updating all the computers at 9:30 which gave me 10 minutes to plan my lessons for the week. Luckily, the grade teachers had sent me what they were covering this week and so I quickly found activities for them.

The first class went really well until the end...everyone had closed all their programs and were lining up and I was talking with their teacher. One of the students, Oscar, came up to us and asked to go to the bathroom. The teacher replied, "Wait until we get back to class." 1 minute later, everyone was in line and she was leading them out of the class. Oscar was standing beside my desk.

"Bllllooooahhhhhhhhhhh!" Without warning or even looking ill, he had ralfed on my desk and on the floor. He was fine but my room smelled like ass...well the kids said it smelled like eggs. At least he didn't barf on the computers.

A really fun part today was when I played "C is for Cookie" for the Pre-First kids. They loved it and I played it for the 4 times. Check it out:



I love sesame street now. It is so funny!

After school, I stayed to do my lesson plans for the principals and I installed lots of programs on all the computers. So I ended up leaving at 6.

Then I ate, went to my room and feel asleep. 5 minutes later, Janeth rang the doorbell and told me that her daughter had gotten into Thomas Jefferson. (I've been helping her with her English so she could do better on the entrance exams). I live right behind an Office Depot and while they shopped, I watched their dog, Chiquilin.

He is like a big rat and really funny. Janeth brings him everywhere and he fits into a small bag. When he realized Janeth was gone, he first explored the house and then looked at me and started barking. He was ready to go. So I brought out the bag and let him get in and carried him around while I did work. Michaela found it hilarious and took pictures of me.




1 comment: