Sunday, September 30, 2007

House Party

Saturday was Johannes' birthday and we'd been wanting to have a party at the house for a while so this was a good excuse. We have a cleaning guy that comes every week on Saturday though, so we decided to have the party on Friday. I really wanted to dress up as a pirate and Johannes and Michaela wanted to do it too. But I wanted to go all out or not dress up at all.

On Friday, we had a prep day at school and when I originally looked the calendar and saw this I was really excited because I thought that we had a day to just plan and grade work...nope, presentations and trainings haha. And because I went to the conference, they wanted me to give a presentation. But giving the presentation was a lot of fun and the other presentations were interesting for the most part.

However, because of the viruses, the IT people had to replace the servers which meant that I'd have to wait for them to update everything so I can teach my class properly. I decided that I didn't want to wait and so I got Hugo to train me how to update one of the computers and I stayed until around 5:30 updating all the other ones but I still didn't finish.

I was supposed to get out of school at 3 and because I was working so much, I didn't feel like going to Wal-Mart to search for a costume. So I just went home and cooked. Esmeralda and Alejandra were the first to arrive at the party and we played Dominoes. It was so much fun! We played the regular version and the cuban version. After a while, other people started to arrive and Stefanie and Mosen played dominoes with us as well. Unfortunately Esme and Ale had to leave early but I'm glad they got to come.

I invited a lot of teachers from school and was really hoping they'd come since I never talk with them because we are always working. But Katy and Nicole ended up making it and they brought their posse with them and that was when the party really started. Katy, Nicole and I spelled out the initials of our school...well Katy is supposed to be a J but at least she tried.

Johannes was so funny because he was very adament about playing beer pong and getting a huge ice block and cutting a groove in it to pour alcohol in for the coolest drink in the world hahah crazy Germans. And the next night Katy's friend was having his birthday party and they invited us all to go to that as well.

The cleaning guy didn't show up Saturday and so when I woke up I cleaned up a lot which turned out to be good because the owner visited that afternoon. But we are still waiting for the cleaning guy hahah.







No comments:

Post a Comment