So I'm going to look into Spanish, Art, Music, Gymnastics, or Dancing classes. I'm also going to try to get certified to teach English so I can continue with my travel plans. Anyway, I already feel happier now that I'm not studying something that I wasn't liking.
On Friday, right after I got off work, I went home and Ale, La Wuera, and I went to the bus station headed for Fredy's wedding in Leon. (Fredy is one of Ely's brothers.) When we arrived, we went out to eat and then went back to the bus station to pick up India. The next day we headed off to the wedding around 11 or noon.
I accompanied Ely in the wedding. I don't know if she was a bridesmaid or if it is called something different here. Anyway, the wedding was more like personalized Mass than other weddings I have been to but it was very nice. The priest was very in touch with the realities of love and life and expressed those thoughts to the congregation. I think I was the only one to notice but I really liked it when he rhymed heh heh. He was comparing the love a marriage to the love that Jesus demonstrated on the cross and so he said "Jesus [pronounced "Hey-Zeus"] en la cruz" like 3 different times.
Afterwards, we went to the reception and ate and danced until around 10. The next day was like a picnic day with Ely's family. We played soccer and then had water games and even played Red Rover. India also talked with Ely's mom, Julia, who for some reason told India that my Spanish was better than hers. So India wanted to have a competition to find out. La Wuera competed as well. Consequently, we did kind of like a "Who's Line is it Anyways?" format where we had to act out different situations.
First India had to try to pick me up in a club and then I had to try to pick up La Wuera. And then India was my mom and I was bringing La Wuera home for the first time to meet her. And then we switched to and English competition and I was in the club and 4 girls were trying to pick me up. It was funny but I didn't really feel like I was in my element.
And before we left Leon, we went to eat seafood. I had the best shrimp dish ever. Ugh! I'm hungry. Oh, and I finally got the handshake that Daniela and I made up on video. =D





























































No comments:
Post a Comment