Monday, April 28, 2008

Olympics Day 1

The kids this week are having their Olympic games where they compete in sprints, resistance races, long jump, high jump and shot put. The gym teachers wanted me there to help out and I gladly accepted. First we had an opening ceremony with a flag presentation and then dances. Today, 1st - 3rd competed. The rest of the school will compete tomorrow and Wednesday.

Today I helped out with the sprints and the "shot put." The shot put was more like run up to a line and throw a tennis / baseball as far as you can and then we measured it. There were some pretty funny throws - none went backwards, but we did have some get negative scores hahah.

I was outside all day and it was a good change from being inside a computer room. I put on sunblock but I still got burned. It's kind of good though because I'll be going to the beach soon and so I won't get as burned there haha. But wow, it really drained my energy being in the heat. When I got home I took a very long nap.





























1 comment:

  1. What's a resistance race, or did you mean endurance instead?

    Miles ran the 3200 meter today in 10:59, a PR for him, but not a winning time in the frosh/soph league finals.

    Aunt L.

    ReplyDelete