Monday, September 22, 2008

Querétaro, Wig Party and a New Home

I don't have a lot of time to write at this moment but I wanted to give a quick update. Last week I went to Querétaro with Jessica and it was tons of fun. We explored downtown and it is pretty. My favorite part was when we went to a nearby town called Peña de Bernal. There was a huge rock mountain that we hiked up and could see all around. I bought this really cool straw hat (pretty similar to Jessica but better haha).

I've been looking for a place to live for a week or two now just because there are so many people in the other house and I've heard that I could get something bigger and better for the same price. Jessica was helping me look but it was looking pretty hopeless for this month because my rent was due on Saturday and by Friday night we hadn't found anything. There was one place that we had looked at that I really liked but we had called the owner 3 times without a response so I was thinking that I would just have to wait another month to find a place. Saturday afternoon, when I got out of my soccer game, Jessica called me and said that the owner of the place that I liked had called and I could meet with him if I wanted.

Booooooooyah! I hopped on a bus and we met with him and because he met Jessica he told me "I trust you'll be a good resident." I don't know exactly what that means. Does that mean that I don't have a trustworthy face of demeanor?! Haha, anyway, the room he told me about wasn't the one I wanted but it was still good and so I was happy. But then I asked him why I couldn't have the other room and he said that it was full of stuff and it would take about a week or two to move everything. Well, I really wanted the room and so I asked him if he wouldn't mind if I moved everything so I could have that room. He agreed!

The house is actually a business with offices and my room is upstairs. The webmaster, Ray, lives there too in a different part of the house. It has a backyard (which is pretty rare in Guadalajara... well in Mexico I guess) and there is a grill. My room is huge and I have a patio and a enomous closet and bathroom. Actually I have like 3 closets. I love it.

Well, we already had plans for Saturday afternoon and night and so I told him that I would move in the next day. Jessica and I were invited to a wig party and so Andrea, Jessica and I went downtown to look for wigs. Unfortunately there aren't that many man wigs so I didn't have much of a selection. I tried on an afro one but it just wasn't for me and so I decided to bring a hat instead. Jessica found an awesome wig and when she put in on at her house, everyone thought it was her real hair with a new look.

When we got back from the wigs we took Patricio and Andrea to the movies to see Donkey Xote for their birthdays. Then Andrea and her parents went home and we played with Patricio until we left for Ceci's birthday party. After going to Ceci's party for about an hour, we left for the wig party. It was fun seeing everyone dressed up but it wasn't that good of a party and so we left after a while.

Sunday morning, I packed all my things and then Jessica and Patricio came to help me load the things in her mom's truck. The remainder of the day I was cleaning, packing and moving things from the room I wanted to the other room. (Luckily Ray offered to help me move the heavy furniture to the other room.) After Jessica had finished her homework she came over and helped me as well. I need to clean it more but it looks awesome!

La Wuera, Ale and Mariana are pretty sad that I'm leaving the house but the good thing is that we can always hang out. Hopefully I can organize a barbeque or something soon at my house and invite everyone =D.

Well, I haven't had time to download the pictures from my camera and so I can't upload any yet. So as soon as I get them, I'll put them up.






























1 comment:

  1. John, Be honest... my straw hat is cooler... =P

    ReplyDelete