This past week, I started riding my bike to school. It is about a 10 minute ride without pedaling hard and is good because it wakes me up in the morning. I also rode my bike to the Hilton, which passes by the main part of the island and I went over the high bridge to get a really good view of everything. I found out later that I wasn't allowed to do that and could have gotten a ticket. Hah, oh well.
On Thursday, I went with Doug, the high school principal, to play soccer. The "field" is concrete about the size of a mini-basketball court and we played 5 vs 5 with 3 teams. Most of the guys we played with were in their 30s but pretty good. They liked how I played and invited me to play with them on the weekend for a beach soccer tournament. I gladly accepted.
Friday, I wanted to go to the Kevin Lyttle concert at Mambo beach but no one else really wanted to so I ended up going to the Hilton to work out with Gina and Lisa. Afterward, we met up with Zeina for Sushi and then they called it a night. I was in the mood for Kung Fu and when I got home, I proceeded to jump around my apartment fighting imaginary bad guys. That, or I watched Monkey Fist. It was a great movie.
Saturday, Paul picked me up to go to Mambo beach for the soccer tournament. The beach is beautiful... unfortunately they are going to be converting it to a hotel soon. I'd never played official beach soccer before and was pretty excited. They made the boundaries of the field with wooden palettes. Going in the ref told us, "This is a friendly game so no contact etc." Well, all the other teams seemed to ignore this rule as it resembled more of a hockey game or maybe ultimate fighting. In the game before ours, a guy was flipped over the palettes.
I had a great time playing but was pretty sore at the end of it. We won the first game but both my legs and ankles were hacked pretty good. I went into the ocean hoping that would alleviate some of the pain. It felt like salt in my wounds though... probably because it literally was haha. The second game was worse as I got kicked in the balls and was fouled really hard twice. We ended up loosing that game but we came back in the 3rd game. The 3rd game was probably the best because Jordy gave me some socks for this game and it was so much better for my feet. My legs and feet had cuts from the sand and people kicking me. We won this game as well and so we advanced to the next round. I couldn't stay though (and didn't really want to either hahha) because I had to go to a school dinner an hour later so I don't know if they won or not.
The school took us to the fort on the hill and it has an incredible view. They wined and dined us and then Debby, Lisa and I went to a bar called Asia de Cuba and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment