Monday, August 31, 2009

Porto Marie and Jan Thiel Beaches

Wednesday, Debby got her car and so a bunch of us went to the Hilton to celebrate with her by going to dinner. Thursday, Dan took Mike, Jonathan, Dave and I to Yo-yo's which is this wings joint in the boonies. We went on a dirt road for maybe 5 minutes and it looked like there was nothing. There were no signs or anything. We come up to this house with a patio and order our wings. The food was super good and really cheap too.

Friday, Debby picked me up and we met up with Dvora, Chrissy, Gina, Lisa, and Judith at the beach and then ate at the Hilton again. Afterward, Dvora, Chrissy and I met up with Victor and Jessica at the movies to see District 9. That movie is interesting to say the least. It is like a mock-u-mentary with real action and address some important issues at the same time.

Saturday, Dave, Dan, Jonathan and I went to a beach called Porto Marie. On a way there, we passed the Flamingo reserve and I got a couple pictures. There were far away though and I really need a telescopic lens to get good pictures at that distance. Dan had 5 snorkels and goggles and so we all went out snorkeling. He pointed out the poisonous scorpion fish to us with a stick. It is crazy because it blends right in with the rocks.



When we got back, I went with Debby and Dave to eat at the Rif Fort. We had to cross the main bridge to get there and because some boats were coming, it opened and we had to take the ferry across. We were going to the movies to see The Hangover but it was sold out so we decided to get some drinks on the restaurant boat right by the theater. And so we caught the next show and laughed out asses off.

Sunday, I did some Skyping and then went to Denny's with Dave. We tore that food up! Yummiiiiie! Then I went to Jan Thiel beach with Gina, Lisa, Dvora, Debby and Chrissy. There was a baby whale (about the size of a dolphin) that had been hurt and so people from the aquarium came and were nursing it back to health. Now they are waiting for whales to pass by so it can join another group. In the mean time we were able to see it from the shore and could get closer in the water. It was a great weekend but it went by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment