Wednesday, August 13, 2008

San Antonio Day 1

As you might have noticed, Jessica is really into surprises. She has a lot of relatives in San Antonio and so she wanted to surprise visit them. So she only told her Aunt Vero [whom we would be staying with] that she was coming. Vero's daughter, Victoria, had no clue that we were coming and when we arrived a little before the butt crack of dawn, Jessica went to her room and woke her up.

"Jessica?! Am I dreaming?!"

We took the first day pretty easy since we spent the previous day traveling. Jessica wanted to surprise her cousin Carla and her grandmother at the mall where they work. Unfortunately, she hadn't called her mother to let her know that she had gotten in safely and so her mother had called her grandmother to see what was going on. So they weren't surprised when we got there.

They took their lunch break and we went to Starbucks and then drove to New Braunfels and Gruene which are beautiful historic German towns. In New Braunfels, we went to an amazing park and took lots of photos. In Mexico, there are no water fountains. You can hardly ever get free water. That is one of the things I love about the States and so I had to take a picture with the water fountain.

That night we went out with all of Jessica's family to Taco Tote and had delicious Mexican food - I have to have it even when I'm not in Mexico haha. It was really close to a strip club and so I got a pretty funny photo of the announcement boards (see picture).


















No comments:

Post a Comment