Monday, August 25, 2008

School Starting, Cindy's Bday Party and Esme Surprise Party

Sorry everyone for not posting for a while, but because I've been taking so many pictures, I've run out of space on my computer. So I have been trying to delete things and put photos on my external hard drive. Plus, school started so I've been really busy with that.

Going back to school was a big mixture of feelings. Because Jessica decided to stay, she took my job and they moved me up to Middle and High School. But they gave me the choice of two grades to teach from either Preschool or Primary so I chose PreKinder and Kinder 1 (the smallest ones). So I was feeling very happy that Jessica had decided to stay but not so happy that I would be teaching the older kids (who in my mind have a lot more attitude). Plus, I really liked the fact that I had my own classroom last year and because of the change I would be sharing one lab with Gaby and Mijail and the other lab with Jessica. Consequently, I didn't really feel like I had my own place. Then there was the fact that I wasn't too happy with my raise in the first place and so I was wondering what kind of raise I was going to get for all of this.

However, so far it has been really nice sharing a classroom. Jessica is really motivated to decorate and it is great doing lesson plans with her. I've been teaching her some computer skills and showing her what I did last year and she has brought some really cool ideas on how to teach them and also new things to teach. And, sharing the other lab with Gaby and Mijail has been pretty good so far as well. Gaby is a great boss and lets me do my own thing. So I never really feel pressured or anything. Anyway, so right now I am teaching PreKinder, Kinder 1, 7th-9th and 12th grades. I am also doing the year book workshop on Fridays. I think it will be fun to do but I hope it doesn't take too much time.

They did bump up my raise. I definitely deserve more but they told me that is what they can afford right now. I honestly don't really care about the amount; I just want to feel valued. I feel very valued by the students and teachers at the school, so I guess it's all good.

On Thursday the 14th, Jessica's former student, Cindy, invited her to her birthday party. Jessica invited me and I happily joined along. I was craving cheeseburgers at the time and thankfully that is what was being served. I saw a bunch of my former students there and had a great time watching funny animal videos on Tania's mom's iPhone. We also had a fun time taking pictures of people on the phone, tricking them by asking them if there was a stain on the phone. I didn't get to do the giant Velcro wall, but it looked like a ton of fun. The basic concept is you put on a Velcro body suit and jump as high as you can into the Velcro wall. Then you try to get down haha.

Esme's birthday was on the 15th and so Ale was planning a surprise party for her on the 16th. To make sure she wouldn't suspect anything, we took her out to dinner on her birthday with some of her family. It was really good to see everyone again since it had been a couple months since I'd been able to visit. Ale's twins are so big now and they are only 6 months old!

The next day, Ale picked me up and we went to the surprise party location. They had rented a place to host the party and there were piƱatas, mariachi, clowns, tacos; you name it, they had it. And it turns out that they rented the same place that she had her quinceƱera (15th birthday) as well. We were all there around 3 and Esme arrived about 10 minutes later. Ale had told her that she needed to dress up like a pirate because they were going to a party and so she walked in and we all started singing and she was definitely surprised haha. I stayed until around 6 and then I had to go because I was really tired. I got home maybe 30 minutes later and fell right to sleep and slept through the night.





No comments:

Post a Comment