Saturday, August 30, 2008

Celaya and Birthday Party

Sorry again that I haven't updated this in a while. I am still in the process of moving all of my photos to my external hard drive and so I don't have space on my computer to put my most recent photos. And a big part of blogging for me is putting up pictures so I haven't been as motivated as of late to post.

On August 23rd, Jessica and I went to Celaya for Patricio's wedding. The drive to Celaya was about 4 hours and it was great because Jessica and I got to talk the entire time. It was also great because the landscape of Mexico is just wonderful. Many times, I wanted to just get out of the car and hike the mountains or run to a huge rock in the distance.

Because I had a soccer game and Jessica went to her friend's son's First Communion, we left in the afternoon and arrived at the wedding 2 minutes before the judge pronounced them husband and wife. Actually, we were in Celaya about an hour before the wedding started but couldn't find the place haha.

The food was great and I had a wonderful time playing with the kids as usual =D. Patricio and his best friend also brought fireworks and it started raining, but they were able to light all of them.

The next day, Jessica and I walked around Celaya. We went to the market and had gorditas for breakfast and then went to an art exhibit in one of the federal buildings. The building has many paintings from Octavio Ocampo who is from Celaya and works mainly with facial illusions. The security guard there was an art buff and explained many of the painting to us.

On August 29, Jessica and I went to a dual birthday party dinner of her college professor and friend right across the street from where I live. To get there we walked across a bridge that goes over the highway. It started raining about 15 minutes before we were going to leave the dinner and it was raining so hard that we decided to get a ride from her friend Jorge. As we drove out of the restaurant, we noticed that on the other side of the highway (the route to my house) was flooded and cars were stuck. It was a pretty incredible site. So we went another way to my house and with the sound of rain, I slept like a baby.





















No comments:

Post a Comment