Tuesday, March 17, 2009

La Ticla and Marajuata

Ever since finishing the Masters course, it has been hard to get back on schedule. This past weekend we had Monday off and I was thinking about staying in Guadalajara and doing nothing to just catch up on sleep and life in general. Instead (and probably a better decision) I decided to go with everyone to some beaches in Michocan - La Ticla and Marajuata.

Everyone was leaving on Saturday and so I worked later than usual Friday working on the yearbook. Then I went out with Mary, Chris and Jane for tacos. Afterward, Chris, Jane, Chema and I saw the movie Milk at the mall. It was a pretty good film and informative as well. I'd never heard the story before and that probably made it even more interesting to me.

Saturday morning, Carter, his wife (Ashley) and their 9 month old son (Oscar) picked Peter and I up in front of Starbucks. Oscar is such a fun little boy. I played with him the entire ride and we learned somewhat how to clap and give high fives. When we got to the beach, some American School teachers (John, Abi, Dallas, Ceasar) were already there and we played some Frisbee!

A couple minutes after we had arrived, Ceci arrived, then Nicole, Lauren and Chema arrived and a couple hours later Katy, Armando, Chris and Jane arrived. I tried hanging out with each group as much as possible. I also decided to walk the whole beach which was about 2 miles. After walking about a quarter mile, the beach was void of people. The stones there were really cool and I also found a couple of sticks to hit stones with... and to use for Kung Fu haha. I did come across a dead tortoise and caught a couple of hermit crabs [don't worry; I put them right back].

The next day we woke up early and went to Marajuata which was about 20 minutes away. However, we stuffed 8 people in the car: it was a little cramped to say the least. That beach was quite beautiful as well and had better waves. Ceasar is a professional photographer and lent me his telescopic lens. It was awesome. Wish lenses didn't cost so much hah. Late afternoon, we headed back to La Ticla and ate. That was the 3rd night in a row that I had 10 tacos, which is a lot.

That night, I took another walk on the beach and watched the stars and as I was watching them, a tortoise washed up on the shore and walked right up to me. She then kept going up the beach and laid her eggs - it was a pretty awesome thing to see. Granted it took a pretty long time and I wasn't watching the whole time (I didn't want to disturb) but still, really neat. Parts of the sand would illuminate when you stepped on it. (That has nothing to do with the tortoise, by the way.)

So that was my weekend. It was pretty relaxing and fun, but now I want to keep relaxing and having fun and tomorrow I have to work. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment