Saturday, we had a soccer game like usual. My foot has been hurting since last week when I landed improperly doing a backflip. I decided that I should play anyway and it turned out to be a good decision because after running a bit, it started to feel better. Unfortunately, the other team wasn't that good and tried to cheat a lot. We got a couple of free kicks from it and didn't fail to take advantage of those situations. I made 2 goals that game. The first one, Edgar blasted at the goal and the keeper punched it out. I was there to rebound and head it in. However, a member of there team was there too and ended up heading me in the ear, which hurt a bit and so I went out. I decided to go back in the second half and Jason chipped me the ball while I was on the run into the goal box. I glanced it off my head and the keeper couldn't do anything. It was a pretty goal.
I'm working on the yearbook and we are trying to get it done before April. We have a lot of work to do and so I told my staff that I was coming in on Saturday and if they could come in that would really help out. We got a lot done but there is still so much left to do.
Katy's brother, Doug, came to visit her and so she planned a surprise birthday party for him and his wife since it was their first time in Mexico and their birthdays were in March. It was a lot of fun and the food was great. She even hired a trio to play Mariachi songs and they were hilarious. Matt, Kerry and I also wanted to go to Dominique's birthday party though and so we left around 11 to go there. She had an Arabian Nights themed party and I had a pretty good costume. We were planning to go to another party after that but I was just too tired and went home to sleep instead.
Today, I cleaned me room (whoopie!), played basketball with Matt, Danielle, and Peter at the American School and went to see Slumdog Millionaire for the second time (such a great movie) with Lauren, Danielle, Micah, and Peter. And now I must apply to more jobs and plan out the week for my students. Ah!




No comments:
Post a Comment