I'm loving my job. I have been helping out a lot of teachers with technology projects, showing the kids cool things they can do with their computers and in general having fun. Friday, I dressed up as a "student" and read The Cat in the Hat Comes Back to Lisa's class. I don't know how much of the story they actually heard because they kept saying, "I KNOW IT IS YOUUUUUU MR JOHNNNNNN! MRRRRR JOHNNNNNNNN!"
Everyone was really happy when the school day was over Friday because we started Regatta Break! That means a week of vacation! We celebrated by going to Moon, De Heren, Asia de Cuba and out to eat somewhere in between that. Victor jumped in the pool mid-set of his dj gig at Moon. Dave and I wrestled at one point haha.
Saturday, was great for me. I caught up on things around the house and then we went to Playa Manzanliña to celebrate Dan's birthday. This is the same beach that Mike, Gretchen, Adam and I went to last week: a beautiful, "remote," beach that has really great snorkeling.
That night, we tried to go to Hotel Avila to catch Goody's (a teacher) jazz group. When we got there, a wedding reception was going on and Goody told us that their jazz gig was canceled because of it. We contemplated doing a little wedding crashing but thought better of it and went to Moon instead... after we danced on the floor for a song haha.
The bar tender that we always talk to, Aurelio (who goes by the Dutch name of Sureal) was there and suggested some drinks for us. After, we went to see if JuanMa was at Mundo Bizarro but it was pretty dead there and so we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment