Saturday, October 24, 2009

UN Day

Friday, we had UN day and it was awesome. All my classes were canceled and I just went around taking pictures of all the kids dressed up. In the later part of the morning we gathered for an assembly and grades K5-5th performed. There were also specific country performances from India, Venezuela, CuraƧao and Columbia. My favorites were definitely the Columbian dances and the MJ Thriller tribute done by the 5th grade.

After the assembly, each country had a booth with food from their country and it was all free! Oh my goodness, the food was so good! There was also live music and a few of us teachers had a fun time dancing.

After school, I went to Playa Kanoa with Babette, JuanMa, Lorenz, Stephanie and Finn and Babette's 3 dogs. Playa Kanoa is the only beach that you can really surf at here and there is a part with a lagoon that is nice for swimming. Then I went with Mike, Dave and JuanMa to Moon. From there we picked up more people and went to Mundo Bizarro... where we picked up more people and lost some and went to Bermuda and finally we went to Asia de Cuba. At Asia de Cuba there was Salsa dancing and right before we left a percussion band entered and did an awesome show - makes me want to get in a drum line.

Saturday, I went to Punda with Debby and Jennifer for some shopping. We were all very happy with our purchases, though I didn't find the "Dushi" shirt that I was looking for. Dushi means "sweety" in Papiamentu and I think it is really funny. That night, a lot of us went to Lorenz and Stephanie's house for a bbq which was super good.

1 comment:

  1. Which country were you representing? You look like a gansta...

    ReplyDelete