I have to be at school each day by 7:40 which means I have to wake up at 6:30 so I can catch the bus by 7. The sun isn't even rising here then so it feels really weird to be up. Plus, my room is completely inside the house with no windows for the sun to shine in. There is little sense of time in the house for me.
My house has two doors that have key holes on both sides. So if you want to get in or out, you need a key. Since Delta lost my luggage, I was not looking forward to asking someone else in the house to wake up and let me out. However, on Monday, Alejandra was leaving for school at the same time that I was going to work, and so she let me out.
On Tuesday she left before me and so I knocked on Michaela and Johannes door and woke them up. Micheala slept walked to the door and let me out haha. I don't think she was too happy. It is a shame we didn't think of it sooner, but they could have lent me their 2nd set of keys hahah.
Wednesday, I finally got my luggage around 9:00 pm. I'm really happy that everything is still there as my keys were there and now I don't have to wake people up.
I am really enjoying teaching - I just crave more time to plan out the curriculum because I really want the students to get the most out of the class. I finally got around to decorating my classroom a little, but it still needs work. And it is difficult to plan for so many different ages. Telling a 3 year old to go on the internet to a website isn't the easiest thing to do...especially when there are 20 of them. All of the kids are really nice though. I even got hugged today! They all call me Mr. John (drop the J though haha...jajaja). My spanish continues to improve. I learned how to say scissors today :-P.
I got paid today! Wahoo!
I get to go to a conference and miss a week of classes - what a cool job!
Got some pictures taken today for my Visa Application.
My flatmates are really cool. Tonight I hung out with z germans! There are 3 of them - 1 couple (Johannes and Michaela) that share a room and Julia. Alejandra (the mexican girl) went out and I can't remember the other mexican guy's name but I didn't see him tonight. So we ate together and then went into Johannes and Michaela room to watch a movie and they have 2 beds pushed together which is basically a little bigger than queen size. We took a bunch of fun pictures and hopefully I can post them tomorrow if they give them to me.
But yeah, they seem really cool. We are going to eat together tomorrow around 7 and so I will feel like I have some sort of family here.
Wow Mr. John, it took me a couple of hours to read all the news... Slow down!
ReplyDeleteWell, it seems that you are having fun, at least there is one ex-lundian that is not wasting his whole time just studying!
But be careful with kids, as you said they mimic adult people, so please don't tell them about your stupid Micheal Jackson's songs ;-) !
Ciao!
sounds like guadalajara is da bomb
ReplyDelete--the same guy who made the last two posts