We were walking back from breakfast to check in the day campers and I walked through a spider's web. I brushed it off and thought nothing of it until I went to the bathroom, unzipped my junk and started to go pee. When a man pees, it is a time of reflection and relief. While I was taking in my surroundings, something caught my eye in the toilet. I focused my eyes on it and realized that it was not in the toilet and that it was fast approaching my crotch. I was terrified! The spider had been dangling from the center of my pants and was now climbing it's web to bite off my family jewels in revenge. And so I was caught in a predicament - stop peeing and brush the spider off or shuffle around and hope the movement stopped him. Of course I chose the second one. My sudden movement did stop him...for a second and then he kept on. I hula-hooped to no avail. Closer and closer he got until he had almost gotten to my pants. Ah! I stopped peeing and was now on my tippy-toes and leaning forward with arm outstretched hoping the sudden height change and world rotation would throw him. It did! He fell a good 6 inches, which was fine with me to finish peeing and so I started again.
This time he climbed even faster and as I finished peeing, he had reached my pants and was crawling up to snatch the jewels. I quickly (but safely) zipped up and brushed him off with a girlish "uhhhh-aaaa!" and a ticklish feeling running all through my blood - kind of like the feeling when you notice a cockroach in your general vicinity. He fell down, down, down into a ring of fire - a ring of fire. And I flushed him.
This week was fun, fast and hard. I was still recovering from being sick and had fevers on Sunday. I remodeled how I taught my class and it went much better this week. I felt like they actually understood the scripting much more this week than previous weeks. We had some really great kids and some really annoying ones. Working with kids is so great because you can see all the different tactics we all use to get attention, to exert power, ect in raw form.
Since Mandy left, we had another instructor come in and teach Video Game Creation with Brittany. As I have said in previous posts, there is a lot of wildlife at UNC and on Thursday afternoon Matt spotted a baby rabbit. He crept up to it and then pounced like a lion. He kept in a box the rest of the week and fed it and is driving home to give it to his girlfriend.
I got a bucket of water poured on me by Coal, my favorite camper this week. He wore aviators all week in tribute to Top Gun. We have acknowledgements every day, where campers can recognize other campers for good deeds and every day Coal would acknowledge Chuck Norris and Top Gun for being awesome.
Well, I leave for Atlanta tomorrow morning so I can leave for Mexico on Tuesday so I better get to packing.


No comments:
Post a Comment