We installed this awesome program on all the computers today too - NetOp. Basically I can control all the computers on the network - give demonstrations, open programs, block programs, give tests, draw on their screens, record what they are doing etc. One of the coolest things I can do is when everyone has their headphones on, I can speak into my microphone and they can all hear me and I can allow them to do the same!!
There are some problems with the lab though. One computer shuts off randomly and another won't turn on. And there are some permissions that are blocked that shouldn't be, but all in all, I really like it.
I think I have everything taken care of for the school in regards to paper work and by tomorrow I should have everything I need for my work visa. Tomorrow I might be going to Manzanillo which is close to a beach this weekend! Hopefully the hurricane won't give us bad weather, but in any case I'm happy to be going somewhere. And before I go there, the school is having a taco social of sorts.
Today, I made Angel Hair pasta (my Italian friends would be proud ;-D) for all my flatmates. Actually the Italians like to split up their meals and I combine everything so they wouldn't so proud. I sauteed garlic, wild onions, tomatoes and then added sauce with mushrooms and olives. For dessert we had icecream. It was great to eat together and hang out.
Fridays look like they are my busiest days as I have the most classes to teach that day and have 3 classes of kindergarden. We shall see!
Here are the pictures of my flatmates and I from last night.
[Left to Right]
Juliane, Alejandra, Me, Michaela, Johannes



I was going to email you and ask how your first week was. Then I realized, "Why not just read his blog?" And that brings us up to speed.
ReplyDeleteSo far so good.
--Stephen D Chin
John, dammit! How many times did I tell you:
ReplyDeleteFirst course
Second course
Third course
....
Mmm, I'm wasting my time, I give up: mix all together in the yankee way!!