Guadalajara is great! The school sent a guy named Fernando to pick me up from the airport and he didn't speak any English so I had to use my Spanish. I'm still a looooot better at understanding compared to speaking but that will come with practice.
The hotel I'm staying in is really nice. It has a small Mexican town feel to it. Though as I wrote this the power went out...hahah. No one speaks English at the hotel either so more practice for me! Everyone is really nice that I have met.
Guadalajara seems smaller than what I had imagined which is good for me. I went downtown and exchanged some money and then met up with the American that got me the job, Danielle, and it was good to get her opinion on what I should do and what she has experienced.
And tomorrow I'm supposed to go to the school for the new teacher orientation so I'll finally know what I'll be doing I suppose heh heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment